Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another Family Sent to New Delhi

Today another family was sent to New Delhi.  We are now 0 visas/ 6 New Delhi.  No one knows what this means exactly, or how long the next phase investigating will take.  This is disheartening as we are all cheering for those parents who are already in Nepal, many who have made the choice to adopt their children.  They are truly stuck in the middle of this  bureaucratic nightmare.

I am trying to decide what is the best course of action for me.  To stay here and wait (and trust a system that seems to me to be failing us) or go, and risk also being stuck in the middle, without the ability to be able to stay and wait it out.  I know, what could be more important?  And at the same time, as a single parent, I need a home and a life to bring this child back to.   I am unsure what exactly I am being asked to do at this point, and strive daily to find clarity amidst this chaos.  Hoping today for some answers as I need to make a big decision and fast as my Travel Authorization expires in less than two-weeks.  I try to never make decisions based on fear, and to always trust that no matter what, I will be taken care of.  This has got to be the single biggest leap I've ever been confronted with. 

I am in contact now with two of my Senators and a Congressman, as well as other friends who may be able to help.  The awareness of this injustice needs to be raised as high as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Jenni-
    wish I knew what to say but I am thinking of you and your journey. So frustrating but it all makes us stronger right? Keep posting
    Hugs from far away Jenni....

    ReplyDelete