Thursday, September 16, 2010

Going to Kathmandu


Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid." ~Basil King
I decided I could wait no longer.  My travel approval expires in about 10 days, and if don't go, I may lose this battle before it's started.  How could I chance leaving this beautiful, little boy without even giving it my wholehearted, very best effort.  I have found it very strange, this day.  It is the most peaceful I have felt in weeks, perhaps months.  I am guessing I will even sleep well tonight.  I spent my day preparing for the journey, figuring out what needs to be done before I go.  I even had time at the end of my day to relax and take a hot tub.  The feeling of the surrender, the free-fall.  Moving into the unknown, with great hope, and great sadness.   Sadness that I will most likely have to leave him for some period of time, as I can only stay for a short time to deal with papers, and deadlines and bureaucratic red tape, but most likely will not be able to wait out the investigation and whatever might follow.  So it's two trips to Kathmandu for me. We will see soon how much water that 'verbal extension' holds.  For me, and for others.

Returning to Kathmandu holds it's own emotions.  It's been 12 years since I was last there, and I had a hard time leaving then.  I stayed in Nepal, as many of you remember, for 3 months after a 6-month journey in India.  Biking and hiking through the Himalayas, meditating, practicing yoga, and sinking completely into the magic that is uniquely Nepal.  It will bring back a lot of sweet memories.  And my most amazing friend Joy is traveling with me.  Spur of the moment, she put on her travel boots and jumped the plane.  Hot dang, how does one get friends like that?  I feel lucky.

I will be expounding on it all here in this blog so stay tuned.  Joy's camera will probably be giving us some beautiful scenery as well.  Namaste, Shanti, Om.

1 comment:

  1. Hi So so so happy Joy is going with you!!! I love your picture! Can not imagine a more perfect little fella! I am sending you all my love and prayers! They better let him come home with you! Please keep posting!! LOVE YOU!!! XOXO Ame

    ReplyDelete